As myself and Brooke are both subscribed to the Look Incredible Deluxe Box, we received the Two Faced Funfetti Palette and decided to both create a look using this palette.
If you haven’t already, go over and check Brooke’s blog and her look with this palette – she is the Honey Boo Boo to my Mama June and her blog is incredible – brilliant, original content and she makes me laugh like no other. Brooke Clarke.
I wanted to create something different for this post as I have done the same kind of look, with different shades a few times.
Fuck it, I said to myself, let’s try and do a cut crease for the first time… note to self, you aren’t a MUA, you have no skills and that idea was a huge fuckin mistake… I am not exaggerating when I say it took me an 1/2 hour to do one god damn eye ball. However, as bad as I am, I think the Palette may have had a part to play in that but I will get into that in a minute
Firstly, this is how it turned out..
Okay, so I don’t hate it and I think for a first attempt I have done okay.
Don’t worry about my wonky eyebrows I was so frustrated that the eyes took so long that I pretty much dipped my finger in brow product and plopped it on the brows as I didn’t want to spend any longer on my face.
To get this look I did the following:
- Primed the lids with Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer
- I used the shade Party Crasher above the lid crease and blended it out to create the angle
- I then used Over-Served right in the crease to make that the darkest part and really define the cut crease
- I used concealer on my lid to sharpen the cut crease and as a base to make the lid colour pop
- I then used the shade Funfetti over my lid
- I used lots of concealer to tidy up and make the lines straight.
- Kat Von D Tattoo Liner for the Wing
- Huda Beauty Lashes in Samantha
The Verdict on the Palette
I am actually super disappointed in this palette and if I had brought it and not received it as part of a subscription box, I would be pretty angry.
I couldn’t get any product on my brush, it was so difficult to move around the eye and make it blend properly – I had to work so hard to make it work & for a £30 palette that definitely should not happen. The lighter, glittery colours have very little pigment and I really had to pack it on, so much so I would soon be hitting pan.
I kept wanting to pick my KyShadow Palette up and use the Glittery Pink shade in that..!!!
I am really not happy with it & I don’t think I will use it again.
What a shame Too Faced, didn’t expect it from you.